THOUGHT FOR TODAY - GOD IS LOVE - WHAT CAN LOVE DO IN OUR NATION IF WE WALK IN IT TODAY?

Thought for Today:

God is LOVE and He expects His children to walk in love. He even defines love for us:

1 Corinthians 13:1-11

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.

2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.



3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;

5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;

6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;

7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

As a child, I had the best father a girl could have. He taught me how to love, because He loved me. He was kind to me. He taught me to love and respect others. He was generous. He was always helping neighbors and those in need. I learned how to love through His example.

You may not have had a father or mother who loved you and showed you love.

Good news! God is love and He wants to teach you all about Himself and His love!

He is our Heavenly Father and He will teach you, if you ask. You can come to Him through Jesus Christ, His Son.

God is all about relationships. He wants His children to know Him and His love and then they can love one another. Here's more about His love:

Proverbs 10:12
Hatred stirs up strife,
But love covers all sins.

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Ephesians 4:2
with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love,

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins."

Luke 6:35
“But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil."

Luke 6:36
“Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

Ephesians 4:32
And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;

1 Peter 3:8
Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, becourteous;

1 John 3:16
By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 3:17
But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?

1 John 3:18
My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.

1 John 4:11
Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Think deeply today about what love could do in this nation and what could happen if God's children His love today.

Blessings and love,
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

JOIN US THIS SUNDAY AT 10 a.m.
ONLINE or IN PERSON!
LIVE STREAM on 

Popular Posts