Thought of the Day - What did the RESURRECTION accomplish for YOU? Part 2



Thought for Today:  RESURRECTION Part 2 –

What did it accomplish for you?

What did Jesus accomplish through His death, burial
and resurrection?


1. He paid the penalty for our sin - death and hell could not hold Him – because He was sinless – He gave us His righteousness (right standing with God – if we are in Him).

2. He got the keys of hell and death back from the devil – so death and hell cannot hold us any longer – if we are in Christ. 

3. Because He was resurrected – we can be resurrected! Our bodies will one day be reunited with our spirit – if we are in Christ - and we’ll have a new resurrected body!

4. Because Jesus was resurrected – we can receive the PROMISE of the Father – which is the Holy Spirit. The Lord will fill those who are in Christ with His Spirit and power! Why? Because we are HIS BODY on the earth and He wants us to be effective and powerful for Him so others will see and want Jesus too!

Rev 1:18 NKJV

"I [am] He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.”

Act 2:23-33 NKJV

23 "Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 

24 "whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. 

25 "For David says concerning Him: 'I foresaw the LORD always before my face, For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken. 

26 Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad; Moreover my flesh also will rest in hope. 

27 For You will not leave my soul in Hades, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption. 

28 You have made known to me the ways of life; You will make me full of joy in Your presence.' 

29 "Men [and] brethren, let [me] speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 

30 "Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 

31 "he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 

32 "This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 

33 "Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

Discover more…

https://youtu.be/8hpntuIA4ks

Blessings and love,

Pastor Linda
www.LindaCross.com



Join us Sunday’s
10 a.m. 




Christian Family Church


IN PERSON 

OR 

LIVE STREAM!


Visit:

www.cfclakeville.com


Please Subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL. 

Thank you!


Click link below:

https://youtu.be/dsWuPgT-QMQ

Popular Posts